Competing Offers-How Not to Compete with your Competition
I am not much of a Hockey fan (weird for a Canadian, eh?!), but I am a HUGE football fan. I love the competition between the teams and between myself and the fans of the other team that the Packers are playing.
It get's your adreniline racing, you shout at the TV, you raise your hands when your team scores a touchdown...at least that's me in a nutshell. By the way, my wife HATES it when I scream at the TV...that's partly why we finished our basement, so that I could watch my sports and yell at the TV and give her a break!
Is this the way you act when you are writing an offer on a home you are about to purchase, especially when you find out you are competing agains another buyer, or multiple buyers? Probably not right?
In the video below I give you a couple of points on how not to compete on the home you are in love with. I am going to give you a few more points just underneath the video that I forgot to mention in the video.
Watch the Video on How Not to Compete Below
A Few More Points to Consider When Writing that Offer
Ok, I covered a couple of things in there like making sure your REALTOR® does their homework prior to writing (You wouldn't want to overpay right?). Secondly I mention making sure your FIRST offer is your BEST offer.
A couple more things to consider:
- If you NEED conditions, you may not want to jump into the ring
- Make sure you are flexible with your possession date, this seems to be a sticking point for a lot of sellers
- Make sure your REALTOR® asks the listing agent what the seller WANTS for a possession date.
- Don't throw in any weird terms, but make sure you put in a walkthrough 24 hours prior to possession
- Include everything the seller is offering and don't ask for extras that are not in the MLS® Listing
There you go. A few extra points. If you have questions about buying in Calgary make sure you give us a call at 403-827-7527.